Rapid investment in the renewable energy sector has resulted in issues with grid stability and energy security. These include issues such as power imbalances caused by a lack of supply capacity or transmission grid system congestion. PC1 Group has brought renewable energy solutions to address the aforementioned issues. Power forecasting system, energy storage system, SVG reactive power compensation system, and underground cable monitoring system, to name a few.
Inadequacies in the development of renewable energy
The right RE system integration strategy is critical in minimizing negative impacts. Maximize the benefits of electrical systems while lowering their costs. Renewable energy sources, on the other hand, pose significant challenges to the power system’s traditional operating structure. Here are some examples:
- Because the primary source of materials for wind and solar power depends on the weather. This causes fluctuations in power output, making frequency and pressure control difficult.
- The interconnection of hydroelectric, thermal, and energy storage plants necessitates a high level of system flexibility, including active power equalization between different time domains.
- When the weather changes, there is a power imbalance caused by errors in the electricity generation forecasts of solar and wind power sources.
- When the capacity of generated solar power exceeds the capacity of consumed solar power. The electricity will be returned to the grid. Overloading and unsafe operation of the power grid in the area is possible.
Some renewable energy solutions PC1 Group offers
System for predicting the power consumption
EnFor and PC1/ITS offer renewable energy solutions such as wind power forecasting systems (WindFor) and solar power forecasting systems (SolarFor). The system has been on the market for the past 15 years. By integrating meteorological data from a variety of providers, we have demonstrated leading predictive accuracy.
Furthermore, the PC1 Group’s power forecasting system. A flexible, customizable projection that meets all needs in terms of time horizon, forecast frequency, and resolution is also available. The product model corresponds to the actual terminal equipment of the SCADA data collection and monitoring control system installed at the stations. Ensure that system and network security requirements are met. Furthermore, the system is integrated with the API protocol. The transmission of power forecast data to the National Load Dispatch Center was successfully tested (A0).
System for storing energy
Although the status of the grid integrated with renewable energy sources fluctuated, the variation was temporarily resolved by a backup diesel generator system. However, this is the root of another issue. Because diesel emits CO2, it causes air pollution, noise, and an impact on the living environment. As a result, to ensure the quality of the power source while avoiding pollution. To address the aforementioned issues, PC1 Group has introduced a renewable energy solution – the BESS energy storage system. At the same time, increase economic efficiency and business benefits. The system will specifically assist businesses in resolving the following issues:
- Be more proactive in controlling the plant’s energy source. Reduce the impact of the power grid.
- Charge directly from the grid during off-peak hours and discharge during peak hours to save money on electricity. Time can be adjusted to meet the needs of the customer.
- The SAIDI, SAIFI, and MAIFI indexes are limited due to their reliance on the source distribution/operation ratio of each region.
System for compensating reactive power, SVG
Reactive power is the power that does not generate work but consumes costs, causing a drop in line voltage and power loss on the transmission line. Furthermore, according to Ministry of Industry and Trade regulations, an electricity buyer with a maximum user capacity registered in the power purchase agreement of 40 kW or more and a power factor cos phi 0.9 must purchase reactive capacity. As a result, a reactive power compensation system must be installed. It is deemed critical to addressing the difficult issues that RE sources are confronted with. Furthermore, improving customer economic efficiency. At the same time, avoid penalties when the power factor cos is not guaranteed by government regulations.
The following are the advantages of a renewable energy solution – SVG reactive power compensation system:
- Cosphi self-compensation is quick and smooth, and the system is stable.
- Low loss, high-efficiency operation
- The output capacitive load current is unaffected by the input voltage.
- Harmonic rejection of up to 13 orders of magnitude is possible.
- Compact area, adaptable, simple to install, and simple to expand
Underground Cable Monitoring System, SCG
Today, to improve power supply, safety, and reliability, as well as aesthetics, underground power cables are frequently used to distribute and transmit electricity. However, there are a few issues that can arise while using underground cables. Full discharge, partial discharge, short circuit, cable explosion, and so on.
Recognizing the situation, PC1/ITS collaborated with the DNV-GL company to launch a renewable energy solution – an incident monitoring and warning system. This system will assist customers in monitoring and analyzing the operational status. Not only that, but it can also warn of potential problems on the cable line. Create a plan for early handling, avoiding serious problems, and extending the time of power outages and power outages.
The following are the features of the SCG underground cable monitoring system:
- Allows users to access and monitor online continuously 24 hours a day, seven days a week via the CWI interface (customer web interface)
- Send notifications and warnings automatically based on three levels of danger. via SMS and email to system-registered users
- With a 1 percent error in cable length, automatically send notifications about incidents and fault locations.
- Send monthly reports via email to all registered users in the system.
Some viable solutions for promoting the development of renewable energy in Vietnam
The renewable energy industry is highly dependent on natural conditions, technology, and production costs. As a result, in order to encourage the development of renewable energy, our country requires supportive policies such as quotas, fixed price mechanisms, bidding mechanisms, and even certification mechanisms.
Quota mechanism (target norms)
Under this mechanism, units must ensure a certain amount of electricity is generated from renewable energy or face a fine based on the ratio. The penalty is calculated and provided to the consumer as a cap on the total cost. This mechanism assists the government in meeting the renewable energy target, while the price is determined by the competitive market.
- Benefits: Establishes a competitive market for renewable energy technologies. As a result, the cost of producing renewable energy is reduced.
- Disadvantages: The production unit may face significant risks and costs over which it has no control. Furthermore, because this mechanism prioritizes the development of low-cost technologies, it will stifle the development of higher-cost technologies.
Fixed price mechanism
For each kWh produced, each renewable energy technology will have a different price rating. This standard is typically more expensive than electricity generated from fossil fuels. This will encourage and protect renewable energy investors. The government will either fund this mechanism with state funds or require the production and transmission units to purchase 100% of their electricity from renewable sources.
- Advantages: Lowers risk for renewable energy investors. Targeted renewable energy technologies can also be developed by establishing competitive fixed prices to encourage investment in these technologies.
- Cons: Keeping prices fixed for an extended period of time makes it difficult to control investors’ profits. Furthermore, because it is impossible to predict how many projects will be funded in advance, it is impossible to calculate the total cost of this mechanism in both the short and long term. Another limitation is that forcing production and transmission units to accept renewable energy can result in increased adjustment costs and technical problems for the power system.
The competitive bidding criteria for each type of renewable energy technology are likely to differ. Projects will be chosen to meet the objectives established for each category. The production and transmission units will then be forced to purchase output from the winning projects.
- Advantages: Because of the competition, the minimum cost of compensating will be reduced, and the number of projects chosen will be limited, lowering the cost of compensating losses. Furthermore, because of the price-fixing mechanism, the winning project’s investors will be protected in the long run.
- Disadvantages: The winning project’s investor may postpone project implementation for a variety of reasons, including waiting for an opportunity to reduce investment costs or incurring a loss in bidding to keep the project competitive with other units. painting…
The certificate in this case can be either a production certificate or an investment certificate, allowing investors to be tax exempt for each kWh of ram production or to offset against other investment projects.
- Benefits: Provides high stability and is especially effective when combined with other mechanisms.
- Cons: Only suitable for large production and transmission units, as well as large investments in multiple projects.
Why should renewable energy solutions be used?
It can be seen that renewable energy sources have helped to solve the problem of fossil fuel depletion and scarcity. However, the issues that it brings with it have a significant impact on daily life and production. However, thanks to the of renewable energy solutions, PC1 Group has been able to assist customers in stabilizing the power source. In addition to lowering unnecessary costs. Please contact the information below if you want to learn more about the solutions mentioned above.
PC1 Group, the leading provider of renewable energy solutions
PC1 Group has established itself as a leader in the field of renewable energy, with a 60-year track record and extensive expertise. Customers and investors trust and appreciate the company because it is a leader in renewable energy solutions. PC1 not only offers a comprehensive range of equipment and techniques but also employs a team of experts and skilled construction consultants who oversee the project’s progress and technical standards.
As a result, when a company joins PC1, it will receive the best treatment in terms of service packages, from design to equipment supply, installation, operation, and maintenance. Furthermore, PC1 is dedicated to providing the best value-added services to customers and investors, ensuring construction progress.
Please contact PC1 Group using the information below if you are looking for a professional renewable energy solution provider. We are prepared to assist our customers throughout the construction process in order to ensure the project’s success.
PC1 GROUP JOINT STOCK COMPANY
- Tax code: 0100100745; Ticker symbol: PC1
- Building CT2-No. 583 Nguyen Trai, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi, VN
- Solution hotline: 0981.119.120
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org